Surfers’ Survival Guide
The Surfer's Health guide
More than any other sportsman, a surfer is very much exposed to his environment, whether it be to agressive sunshine, or to oceans that may sometimes be contaminated or filled with dangerous wildlife... The overcrowding of spots, and the surfers' tendency to keep pushing their limits further, increase even more the likelihood of surfing-related accidents.
Surfers' Survival Guide is the first practical health-guide designed for surfers. It includes some preventive advice to limit the risks of surfing-related injuries and diseases.
In this book, neophytes and experienced surfers will both find some fundamental notions concerning the following topics:
- knowing about the sea world and the waves;
- learning how to surf;
- practicing, leading a healthy life and eating healthy food;
- choosing the right gear;
- preventing accidents;
- pathologies involving the surfer's skin, eyes, ears and back;
- The Surfer's psychology
- advice to travellers;
- the dangers of sea animals : shark attacks, jellyfish or urchin bites;
- preventing risk behaviour involving drug use and doping.
This guide is meant for surfers of all ages, with a specific focus on the sick, the injured and the disabled.
Surfers' Survival Guide is likely to become a must-have for any genuine surfer intending to remain in good health.
Photos by some of the world's best surf photographers : Sylvain Cazenave, Laurent Masurel, Damien Poullenot,Thierry Organoff...